Monday, January 08, 2007

Don't Insult the Ghetto

I was in Chicago this past Sunday. While there, I saw Wrigley Field and had my very first Irish coffee (oh so yummy!). Highlight of the day? Finding a store that sold different packages of cards, including Growing Pains, New Kids on the Block, A-Team, He-Mann, Pac Mann, and Garbage Pail Kids. Probably my favorite store ever! They had some fun T-shirts and purses too.

I decided (Kelly and I decided) that Wrigleyville will be the
perfect location to open up our bookstore that serves booze. The neighborhood has the right amount of normalcy with a touch of eccentricity. Plus, there were lots of people looking pretty hungover on a Sunday afternoon, which means the people of the neighborhood like to get their drink on.

Other stuff:
  • Dip-Shit drivers are on the road on Sundays.
  • The word bastardly is not used often enough.
  • Some stores are all colors of trash.
  • The Bean and the Chicago Sign are so pretty at night.
  • I LOVE the building that is in the shape of a diamond.
  • Sleeping homeless people take up WAY too much space on crowded EL trains.
  • The Waterfall image, which is thrown in randomly in the fountain of faces, is so NOT WORTH looking at close up. Probably the biggest disappointment of the day.
  • I love the Mary Poppins window displays at Marshal Fields.
  • Cusack has become an adjective.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home